Fort Lauderdale, FL
IsoTropic Networks is looking to fill a client-facing technical sales and engineering role for the maritime market.
- Work with project, program and maritime sales head to help identify and support client VSAT and network needs and provide technical pre-sales and post-sales support.
- Conduct VSAT antenna field service support, repairs and installations for maritime clients, and reseller / dealer network.
- Support technical marketing needs including content development, generation and delivery of product, creating videos, writing whitepapers and other technical marketing related activities.
- Support training needs including content development and review, and provide technical logistic support including software updates and installations for internal and external training classes.
- Work cross-functionally with sales management and engineering by providing feedback and voice of client to drive future revenue based on maritime market needs.
- Work schedule could include travel up to two weeks away from home.
- Managing and supporting the Inmarsat services and solutions for maritime clients. This includes, but not limited to remote account management, remote terminal activations and troubleshooting.
- Successful completion and passage of all applicable employment interviews.
- At least six (6) months of experience within the last five years installing, maintaining/repairing and testing VSAT antennas.
- Knowledge of basic electricity, as it relates to telecommunications (through classes or on-the-job training), which includes: knowledge related to the basic principles, theories and applications (e.g. voltage, current, resistance, power, grounding, insulation, Ohm’s Law, AC/DC); knowledge of basic electrical components (e.g. conductors, insulators, switches, capacitors, inductors, transformers) and basic circuit design: and knowledge of the operation and application of common electrical components and common measurement instruments (e.g. multi-meters, oscilloscopes).
- Ability to efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe (e.g. quality jobs per day), adjusting work assignments and schedules to meet changing work-related priorities or demands.
- Ability to provide efficient, quality of service both internal and external clients both face-to-face and over the phone.
Physical Aspects & Work Environment
- Ability to climb and work at elevations (e.g. from ladders, poles, lift trucks, bosun’s chair) exceeding 18ft.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces, utility holes and cabins).
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to: lifting objects weighing over 100 pounds.
- Ability to perform job activities outdoors in different weather conditions (e.g. extreme cold and/or heat, inclement weather).
- Bachelor’s degree or greater: preferably in computer science, mathematics, or other technically related field.
- 0-3 years’ technical experience in one or more of the following areas: telecommunication field service, corporate or vessel networking, WiFi networks and installations.
- 1-3 years’ experience in client-facing role.
- Ability to read, review, interpret and understand technical documents (e.g. schematics, drawings, blueprints, layouts).
- Ability to recognize and identify sales opportunities that meet the needs of client and the company, including promoting and closing sales of products and services.
- Prior experience working on a computer (Apple & Windows) in a Windows-based system and with Microsoft Outlook.
- Prior experience using body belt and safety straps.
- A valid state driver’s license with a current satisfactory driving records.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Working knowledge of home automation solutions (Sonos, Crestron, etc.) and Kerio.
- Knowledge of vessels or previous yachting experience.
- Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) a must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Should the applicant accept employment, the applicant will be required to obtain a TWIC card in order to conduct job requirements at marinas and on vessels.